18 Dec Apply now for Make It Greater Grants Committee
At Hutchinson Community Foundation, we know the critical role that strong personal and environmental connections can play in keeping communities healthy and thriving. We see it in the residents working together to improve their neighborhoods. We see it in the organizations working to help people thrive and bring communities together. We see it in the work we do with donors who want to make a difference on causes they care about most. It’s what makes us feel good about ourselves and our neighbors, and it’s what leads to a strong sense of place and belonging.
In the Make It Greater Grants program, we put building and nurturing community front and center in our grantmaking. We aim to support the work happening in all areas of Reno County that strengthens social capital and community pride. The more social capital a community has, the stronger the residents’ sense of engagement and the higher their commitment is to each other and the world around them. Studies even show that higher levels of social capital correlate with better health outcomes, higher educational achievement, and higher levels of civic engagement.
Starting in 2020, not only will the Make It Greater Grants awarded strengthen social capital but also the Make It Greater Grants Committee that makes the grant awards. Hutchinson Community Foundation is seeking applicants to participate on the Make It Greater Grants Committee that will represent the diversity of Reno County. Over the course of three evening sessions, committee members will:
- Build relationships with each other and the Community Foundation
- Learn about philanthropy, grantmaking, and the value of social capital and community confidence
- Review Make It Greater Grant proposals from Reno County community-benefit organizations
- Award more than $15,000 in Make It Greater Grants for projects that strengthen the social fabric and unique assets of Reno County
A new committee will be selected each year. Of those who apply by January 17, 2020, ten people will be selected to participate on the Make It Greater Grants Committee that will meet on the following dates and times in 2020:
- Thursday, February 13 – 5:30-8:00pm (dinner provided)
- Thursday, February 20 – 6:00-8:00pm
- Thursday, March 5 – 6:00-8:00pm
- Thursday, March 19 – 6:00-6:30pm for the grant awards ceremony
Please apply by filling out the form below by January 17, 2020. For questions, contact Sarah Blake, email@example.com or 620-663-5293.